Spectrum TV review
Spectrum TV review
If you find your Spectrum TV enjoyable and would like to have it in your back pocket wherever you go — the Spectrum TV mobile application will gladly keep you company. An interesting thing about the app: whenever you connect your gadget to the Wi-Fi network provided by Spectrum, more than 30,000 TV-shows and 250 channels will unlock for you. But if you connect to a non-Spectrum network, your fun catalogue magically shrinks to only 20,000 shows/150 Live channels.
However, it's still a lot to watch for free. And the redeemable thing is that you can take all this entertainment with you: to another quieter room in the house, to the table to watch a re-run of yesterday's NFL game during breakfast, to a hotel room, etc.
Spectrum TV can boast of simple, yet quite useful features. For instance, you can filter the content according to its thematic category, channel name/number, network, etc. As for the searching algorithm, it includes:
- Show titles.
- Names of the actors/athletes.
- Sports teams.
As soon as you've found your cherished shows, you can create a personalized playlist composed of them. For example, The Originals, Walking Dead, and Supernatural can be included in a Heebie-Jeebie playlist, meanwhile, Better Call Saul, Killing Eve and Bodyguard can be accurately stashed in the Crime playlist.
Apart from useful know-hows, Spectrum TV can also please you with:
- Parental control. Certain shows and channels can be quarantined by their titles, If you don't care about such a minute approach, you can just set a PIN-code to prevent children from watching TV at all.
- Recording. Shows can be recorded and stored on your smart device for later viewing.
- Remote-control (Smart TV). Your gadget becomes a legit TV RC thanks to the app. You can switch channels, regulate volume/brightness, hit the record button, search for programs, manage DVR recordings and so on.
Although rich in features, the application isn't overloaded with buttons and icons and presents to you a calm dark & blue interface, devoid of unnecessary elements.
Ease of Use
The app has no entry barrier, so even if you hold it in your hands for the first time, you'll learn its mechanics quickly. Navigation is elementary and you'll be unmistakable about which button to tap when you want to have a show recorded or adjust the sound settings.
In conclusion, Spectrum TV is a nice treat to all the Spectrum Network customers. It has its limitations, ads and will probably ask you to upgrade it to the Premium status. But at the same time, you'll have a good run with it if you want to watch the news, a new blockbuster, or another episode of Garage Rehab for free. Both at home or on the go.
- Very user-friendly
- Recording feature
- You are able to create playlists
- Parental control